Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Training with a partner!

My miles to date: 641.63.  Getting there.

For the past 5 weeks, I have been training on Saturday mornings with Jill, my sis in law.  We have been meeting at 6 a.m. and going out from her home.  She lives near a 1 mile bridge, so we have been including that in our workouts.

The farthest we have gone so far is 6.17 miles together.  We are keeping our training for now at a 1:1 interval.  We plan on increasing to 2:1 over the next 2 weeks.

This weekend we are participating together in the Rudolph Run 5k to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  I am very excited about it.

I had some knee tenderness the past few days so I took Sunday and Monday off from running.  This morning I went out, and took it easy.  Just did 20 minutes = 1.7 miles.  Still a bit tight in the knee, but it felt good to get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment