Saturday, August 3, 2013

Looking back, looking ahead

It's hard to believe that 4 years ago this week I started training with Team in Training for my very first Half Marathon (Disney Half in Jan 2010.) Prior to this, I was a casual walker.  Did not stick to it much.  Now four years later, I have completed 6 half marathons, many 5K's, gone through 4 pairs of running shoes.

I have enjoyed every moment of it.  It is such a joy to train, push myself, and fellowship with other runners and walkers.

Now I look forward to my next race - the Women's Running Series in St Pete's.  This is my 3rd time to participate in this race.  But this year, I am thrilled to doing it with several of my close friends - Vickie, Vicki, Karen, Kim, and Jessica.  We have been training together for several months.

It's August 3 and I have completed 524 miles so far this year.  Yes, I am behind for my 1000 mile goal for this year, but looking back, I am thrilled that I have stuck with it for 4 years straight.

I thank God for His grace, strength, and mercy.  Philippians 4:13

I am already dreaming about turning 40 next year and celebrating with another Half.

No comments:

Post a Comment