Friday, February 22, 2013

High Hopes for the Half!

It's Half Marathon Eve!! I am all packed and ready to go.  This is my first time to participate in the Sunshine State Races in WPB and their 2nd year in existence.  I am really looking forward to running with my sis in law Jill.  She and I have been training together since October.  

This will be really my first race in which I feel very confident that I can complete the race using intervals.  Prior to this race, I would often allow myself more walk breaks.  Since Jill and I have been training, long runs together on Saturdays, we have not allowed ourselves much leeway when it comes to skipping intervals.

I am so hopeful that this will be my best time ever.  Dare I say it?? PR!!!

This is Jill's first half, and I know she will do great! We are looking forward to enjoying the views on the course and the warmer morning temperatures.  

Wanted to update my 2013 mileage so far too: As of today, I am at 147 miles completed.  I am on track! YAY!

Thank you for all your encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment