Tuesday, November 20, 2012

There's nothing better

I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. My alarm was set for 5 a.m. I laid back down and tried to sleep, but all I could think about was how I really did not have the energy to get up and put on the running clothes/shoes that were lying in my closet waiting for me.  What seemed like a millisecond goes by, and then the alarm beeped.

I got up and checked my e mails, facebook, etc.  I realized that perhaps my running shoes have eyes, because i swear it felt like they were staring at me.

I get dressed, get my ipod music cued up, and go out into the chilly air.  (for a Florida girl the 60's feel cool)

My training plan called for 36 minutes, not a long run by any means, but to me it felt like a Half.  I decided not change my 1:1 ration on my Garmin from my long run on Saturday with my sis in law.

Within a few minutes, my hearts was pumping, the music was too.. and I felt wonderful.  Yeah, I was a little sore from Saturday's bridge run, but it felt so good to move.  I loved feeling the crisp Fall air on my face.  I could hear birds singing, and I knew I might even get to see the beginning of the sunrise.

I ran for just over 3 miles this morning, and it felt great.  What are you going to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment