Friday, April 10, 2009

Walkin'

For the past several years, I have been an on and off again walker. I get into a mood, and will start a great walking plan... then I will be gung ho for months. Something will happen to turn it off. Well, I have been walking since the New Year pretty regularly. I had some off weeks, but since Jan. 1 I have walked nearly 65 miles. I am only walking like 6-10 miles a week, but it is a start. I am about to take it up a notch though.

I am planning on training starting in Aug with Team in Training for the Disney 2010 marathon. I will be walking the half. I am doing this in honor of my Dad who has Non Hodgekins Lymphoma.

Every step that I take, I imagine is one step closer to a cure. I will call on my friends and family to help support my cause this Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment